Monday 21 April 2008

Nestle's new mate




Has any of you ever tried this?If so,who can tell me what the resulting taste should be like if used properly?Umm...maybe I should go to Starbucks some day for a "nutty sweetness of hazelnut" experience(a description written on the package of hazelnut flavor).



I loved the idea when I first saw this new product in BHG Market Place.I'm not a big fan of coffee,which is still a bit luxury for me on the aspects of both hardware and software.But that is part of my motivation to take these boxes home.I'd grasp every in-café chance to enjoy freshly brewed coffee and has always been wondering what is behind the other terms on menu.I've got a brewer,and this elicits another part--Mon has just brought some coffee home.



I did hesitated in front of the shelf.You see,the original coffee mate has such packaging,too.20 individual bags in 1 box for 6RMB.Whereas this flavored mate is at 15RMB/8 individual bags.Bien sûr,soon I realise it might be cheaper than a sum of original mate,sugar and vanilla powder.


There isn't any instruction for the proper ratio apart from "to taste".I've got a Nestle mug and a Nestle golden spoon so I thought 1 bag mate goes with 1 mug coffee made from 1 spoon coffee powder,Thus my experiment reveals how instant coffee lacks of flavor because I couldn't taste much difference after adding 1 bag "caramel macchiato".At least no sweeter.It couldn't be like this!Alright my coffee may be too dense.So I poured out a half and refilled with water and add another bag.Mon Dieu!My caramel macchiato is more bitter than Starbuck's Americano,if not smoother.Is there really some sugar in it as written on the package?As mother said it's fine I came out with another idea---to dissolve the white powder in milk.


Haha,there were finally some change to the taste of the milk.Unfortunately,it was not sweet but a taste of flavoring that may disgust you if you had too much.What's worse,I felt neither caramel for the "caramel macchiato" nor that "nutty sweet" for "hazelnut".If it hadn't been myself who tear up the package,I would have judged them as original coffee mate.


I guess the liquid mate shall be better ,will that be put into Chinese market?

No comments: