Saturday 16 June 2007

The Charm of Puff Pastry




My mother always say I cannot be an easy-going person.According to her,my mind is never clear enough and I'm just too critical about anything.



I used to ague.However,as I grow I have to say:"Mom,you are right."



My mother said she hated such situation when an old friend came to visit and asked:"What does your daughter like?"She didn't know he answer as a mother.She never buys anything with me following since my father sometimes does spend money only to meet with a quarrel.



Mom,this is not merely a problem of you,my every style changes so fast that even myself cannot make a long-time decision.



My taste on food can be a good example.also one of the biggest worries of my mother,although things have been made better when I became the cook.There are quite something on my dinner table described "none-edible"by my father or something initially specially for me but finally none end up in my mouth.



My eating habit is bad--I never say it isn't.From some day I suddenly find a particular dish is "to taste",it will be on my diet at amazing amount and frequency,until some time I consider it "disgusting",which means I've had enough,it disappears if there's never such a dish,not even a small bite when I am asked to have some quality ones.



So I guess puff pastry is in my fashion.This startled me so much because I've tasted so many publicly favoured such multi-layered pastries and never consider them tasty.Falling in love with such flavourless yet expensive pastry would sound nothing more than a joke.I tried to modify it by adding much sugar when making mine but,why not just have some good cookies?



I don't know when I began to fancy puff pastry.It was not earlier than last month I threw a bag of elephant ear into trash tin.Would it because puff pastry sound more challenging in hot summer?Je ne sais pas.Anyway,I discovered he subtly appealing butter flavour and substituted my daily cookie baking with Chinese pastry(similar to puff pastry despite that it doesn't puff).

No comments: