Saturday 9 June 2007

China World Hotel Addicted

I have to confess I'm a little addicted to Gourmet Corner.Whenever I've got a chance to be closed,I couldn't leave if not change my money for its breads.You may think it's crazy but tell you the truth,don't be surprised if you see people crowd in that small corner 20 minutes prior to the half-price time,you'll only see an empty counter if you do not line that queue.If you really know bread,Gourmet Corner can be the right place.Their croissant is unofficially rated the best in China(because there isn't any official judgment).
Unfortunately,there has been a confusing rise on the price of plain croissant.RMB5.00 to 8.00,almost doubled!Although general prices are rising and several other items also got more expensive(chocolate croissant from RMB7.00 to 8.00,chicken pie and black forest cake slightly rose),even the clerk said she was astonished at such a big rise.Hmm...maybe it had been sold too fast?Anyway,that left the plain one no advantage to chocolate croissant.




Nonetheless,the queue wasn't shortened.Honestly speaking,I prefer croissant au chocolat,I also bought a plain one for my mother who prefers savory food and ever said pizza hut was an intolerable food-seller,she finished it in second and asked for more!
What makes its croissant different is butter,from the smell alone you can be sure it's made with real butter,the layers are so thine and crispy you cannot decide how to bite.The chocolate filling,though little,tastes qualified.
Brioche and muffin are too,buttery enough,authentic is what I can say.
Pretzel,another favourite of mine,I've tried making it.The colour was fine but my bread became noodles in alkaline water.
Chocolate doughnut with pastry cream:for the filling alone sweet teeth should try it!Y......yummy!

No comments: