Wednesday 6 June 2007

Thesis:the most effecient way to torture yourself

The oral defence for my optional course "VB Programming" is this Friday but I had barely finished writing my thesis just now.I'm not feeling anything as achievement but really exhausted and dizzy.
Conclusion:writing a thesis is the most efficient way to torture yourself.
I didn't expect that credit hour of this optional course would be so hard to gain.Due to military training of my grade,I merely had no more than 30 hours of the lesson.When I returned school and was informed of a thesis topic and oral defence there were only 10 days left.I had learnt several programming language before but never dealt with so complicated a task.
The most painful part was writing the code.He who ever learned programming is able to imagine how painful this procession is,especially a big project with many MDI windows.you need to keep in mind what you have written while composing code for functioning the next step.You need to run your project once several lines and go over your code again and again if it stopped somewhere or never stopped until it achieves your goal.Only now I am so grateful for Microsoft,I have no textbook,I couldn't imagine my sate if there's no MSDN.If doing on my own,I think calculator is the only thing I could produce.
However,I did surprise my self when I finally finished writing the last word.I couldn't believe it is MY project,every single line is typed by my fingers.Comparing with this,my last year's success in assembling a desktop was nothing.
This afternoon,a classmate of mine asked me if I'd like to read a second degree.This was quite interesting because 1 week ago he tried persuading me to change my major.To be honest I do want to since my current major is too laboured,especially for female that normally few working opportunities are offered.Well no,one's ability goes far beyond "major".I said that I wouldn't hire him if one day set up my own company--too changeable an employer.

No comments: